Thank you in advance for reading this important letter. In 2017 I ran in the municipal election as a candidate in Ward 8. We finished 2nd - garnering almost 10,000 votes because people believed in my experience and what I promised to deliver. I am now seeking the UCP nomination in the provincial Calgary-Elbow riding and I am asking for your support.
My interest in representing Calgary-Elbow is based upon my lengthy history and experience in our community. I am a lifelong resident and believe that it deserves to be represented by someone who is passionate about where they live. Someone who knows the community and is proud to be its face in the provincial political arena.
I am running (sprinting!) to represent our Calgary-Elbow electoral district as I am at a time in my career and life where it is simply the right thing to do to leverage this life experience on behalf of the many neighbourhoods in Calgary-Elbow, into the provincial arena. I want to truly represent the place where we all live, work and play.
I announced my intention to seek this nomination at the founding meeting of the Calgary-Elbow UCP district back in February.
And I am running because I believe - as you believe - that there is no more important a time than now to seek change at all three levels of government.
Starting in Edmonton.
I am not going to tell you why the United Conservative party should be the next choice for our provincial government. You are receiving this note because you are already a United Conservative supporter. You believe that a change in government is critical for our province.
I would like to either inform or remind you about why I should be your first choice for the role of carrying the conservative banner on behalf of our Calgary-Elbow community:
- a volunteer within the community for over 30 years, serving on or chairing:
- the Parkhill / Stanley Park board and development committee
- condo boards in Garrison Woods, Rideau Ridge and Parkhill
- a local land trust (Western Sky)
- numerous arts community boards and councils (Lunchbox Theatre, CRAF, Premier's Council)
- the board of an established local community sports club
I know the importance of and challenges associated with volunteer-run initiatives!
- Acting as legal counsel for community concerns in multiple contentious development matters
- Engaged on local conservative associations in numerous campaigns, most recently in the 2014 provincial by-election and the 2015 provincial general election. Served as association president on the last PC association and on the founding UCP association.
- Happily married and residing within Calgary-Elbow
You can help me get the word out in OUR community by liking my Facebook page here.
It has been an exciting year since last July's successful merger of the two legacy conservative parties. Jason Kenney helped steer the UCP through three successful and unprecedented votes to get this far. And the recent UCP by-election victories in Innisfail-Sylvan Lake and Fort McMurray-Conklin demonstrate that the UCP as a combined conservative party can be even greater than the sum of its parts!
I would like to be a part of this continued conservative success story, as your UCP candidate for Calgary-Elbow. I am working hard each and every day to earn your respect and your trust.
When the nomination date is announced, I ask for your support in Calgary-Elbow for the privilege of representing the interests of this, our community.
Yours humbly and most sincerely,
Contestant for the UCP in Calgary-Elbow